Refrigeration equipment with NEW ENERGY LABEL
Did you know…
(…) from 1 March 2021 onwards, domestic refrigeration appliances will present a new energy class label ?
From March 1, 2021, domestic refrigeration appliances will present a new energy class label with a scale from A (more efficient) to G (less efficient) to replace the current one from A +++ to D, with the aim of helping consumers to identify the most efficient products easier.
This change of scale corresponds in practice to a greater division of the classes currently in force, wherein the two new top classes (A and B) will be empty of products in the first phase, that is; the best current product will be in class C.
With this scale, the Commission intends to encourage manufacturers to develop more efficient equipment. In the same vein are the new Ecodesign regulations, which started on March 1, 2021, where it will be no longer possible to market most types of domestic refrigeration appliances in class G, which include some of the current A + products and for March 1, 2024 the disappearance of the new F class, which covers the vast majority of current A + products, is already defined.
You may want to read this!
– The current label will continue to be the only one displayed at points of sale (physical and online) until March 1, 2021, and from that date on, dealers have 14 working days to promote the them replacement by the new labels .
– Products made available by manufacturers to distributors as of November 1, 2020 should already include, inside the packaging, the new label in addition to the old one.
– If you do not have labels in the new format, for example when the product was in stock on November 1, 2020, you must ask the manufacturer to supply it, which must be done within 5 working days.
– It will only be allowed to keep the current labels in special cases, namely when the manufacturer has ceased to operate, thus it is not possible to obtain a new label, or the product has been discontinued. The deadline for these exceptions is 30 November 2021.
– The new energy label incorporates a QR code, with access to the EPREL database managed by the European Union. By reading this code with smartphone, the customer accesses the standard product form, energy label and other public information in the database, the authorities can access the technical data thus facilitating the verification of product compliance. This access to the database will also be possible through the internet.
– The classification from A to G will be reassessed regularly, when several pieces of equipment reach class A, there will be a new scale in order to encourage research and technological innovation, in search of increasingly efficient products.
– In addition to domestic refrigeration appliances, televisions, dishwashers, washing machines and washing / drying machines will have new energy labels on March 1, 2021.
In practice and currently class A +++ products will in the future correspond to an energy class C.